31 August 2010

CELTA Graduation

                CELTA finished on Friday and we had a small get-together on the roof of British Side with the students. Pictures were taken, info exchanged, and broken English spoken.





                After that, it was time to head over to Taksim where a mezze spread and a few bottles of raki patiently waited. 


                Here’s the arcade that housed the restaurant:


                And here’s a dead fish:



                Dancing, invariably, ensued:



                Now that I don’t have CELTA work to do, I’m spending my time mostly refreshing my gmail in hopes of a new, better job offer. I sent off my friends Umit and Didem last night over shisha, and I made more fig jam this morning after finding out that Brigid really liked my last batch. One of the cats has been placing spewed land mines around the house, so every step is now a new adventure. I’ll need to find a beach soon, but I’ll probably wait until I have a job first. I also started studying for the LSATs again, so I’ll be under pressure for yet another month. Come November, I’ll (hopefully) be able to relax and enjoy my time here.

2 comments:

  1. you made fig jam?!
    yo quierooo! but maybe a different fruit. lol.

    goodluck with the studying!!!
    ...and of course you would be shisha-ing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make fig jam?!
    You sound like an old lady... <3

    miss you!

    ReplyDelete