31 October 2010

Alive and Well

Just putting up a quick post to let you all know that I was safe in my apartment when the suicide bomber attacked this morning. It was in Taksim Square, not two streets from my apartment and I heard the explosion but didn't know what had happened until hours later. Police shut down the square and then main pedestrian road, and all I saw was a policeman power-washing the cement. It was a grim image to behold on a pristine fall day. Nobody was killed except for the bomber and thirty-two were injured. They think that Kurdish separatists were behind it but nobody has claimed responsibility.

3 comments:

  1. dude im so glad to hear that you're safe! i saw that online this morning and hoped you were okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto with Jpark. Thank god you're okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, talk about being engaged in world affairs.

    ReplyDelete